Wednesday

Reflection: Ekra project

Assalamu Alaykum :)

I have been away from this blog for a long time. I missed it, even though I never blogged much… just mini tweets.

However, I accomplished quiet a lot while away. Setting-up the network, ssouq, ekra, and interacting with love on miracles of dua and launching support muslim rosa. And now busy with the Ramadan festivity on ssouq.

Alhamdulillah it’s been a wonderful journey of learning to share, connecting with new people and doing all this for free and from the heart. What a pleasure, Alhamdullillah.

With that said, for a couple of days I'll blog and share with you what I learnt in a series of "Reflections". So let me start with ekra:



Venturing new projects at times can be scary because you don’t know what to expect. Such was the case for ekra. I assumed I would get lots of support from my sisters the first time I launched it. But I wasn’t sure if they’d like to contribute true stories for free, so I thought why not pay them when published!

However, didn’t get much support when I launched it and the pay approach didn’t attract them.

So dear ekra and dear “learn and earn schools” my heart has decided to invite any sister who loves this project and wants to support this initiative to join me and contribute her true stories for free. Insha Allah I intend by the grace of Allah to publish the first book in summer 2011, or sooner.* All proceeds will go towards funding ekra's first "learn and earn" school for refugee kids. Ameen

*Please pray that many sisters contribute one true story, Bismillah Masha Allah we'll have the book published quickly :)

xo
Amber Misk
"A hopeful heart"

To learn more about our ekra project please click here



PS: Insha Allah tomorrow I'll post another interesting reflection. Thanks for reading and commenting

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Do not abuse anyone…Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face.” - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889