Sunday

Making countless excuses

A few days ago I sent out some emails to online friends but didn’t get a response. I waited patiently, imaging all sort of excuses e.g. no internet connection, sick, too busy, email blocked by spam filter, my email appeared in Russian instead of English, etc. etc.

Thanks to Allah I remembered the following Hadiths by the Prophet Mohammad peace and blessing of Allah be upon him, regarding this matter:

"Seek an excuse for your brother.”

"The believers seek to make excuses for others, whereas the hypocrites hope for the downfall of others".

“There is no one who loves to accept an excuse more than Allah”

Later, I received an email from Taslimah explaining why she didn’t respond (she’s blogged about it), and learnt about Tiananda's loss.

As for those who haven’t responded yet, well I will continue to make the funniest excuses I can think of. Like “the dog clicked delete”!

Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Do not abuse anyone…Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face.” - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889